Mac Studio Fix VS The Body Shop All In One Foundation Powder

MAC vs The Body Shop
When it comes to covering my flaws, I like to use a powder foundation than liquid foundation. I have never been a fan of using liquid foundation, the first time I ever tried a liquid foundation was when I was 22 years old, I can still remember not really wanting to go out and buying foundation because the thought of clogging all my pores and applying a thick layer of coloured liquid makes made me shiver! Anyway, I had decided to go buy one as it was the University summer ball and I decided to try foundation to make my skin look flawless as there would be lots of photographs involved!

I first tried powder foundation when I was 25 years old, it was recommended by a wonderful counter seller from Debenams. Since then, I was hooked!! It made my skin so flawless and brighter, I could hide my flaws easily and not have a thick layer of liquid over my face made me have more confidence!!

I see an awful lot of people wearing thick foundation, colour that doesn't even match them totally puts me off. Too much make up really hides the face and I don't agree with that. I don't understand why people go over the top with the make up to look better? Natural features is beautiful in itself, you can contour to make your features stand out and if you have bad skin then why don't you do something about it? Maybe you have tried various products but just haven't found the right ones?

I hate going clothes shopping and there are foundation marks on the items, it totally puts me off trying it on and it's not fair on the stores that have to sell the items.
I feel sorry for those wearing foundation when it's raining or if they sweat! The foundation just starts melting - not a good look lol!!

Powder foundation can come in different shades, pink or yellow undertones.
I find it very difficult to find my correct skin tone as my face is lighter than the rest of my body and I am a golden undertone. I have found my perfect shade from The Body Shop and I have gone back to get it over and over again.

The Body Shop do 2 types of powder foundation, their best seller all in one and also another best seller Extra Virgin Minerals™ Loose Powder Foundation . I have tried both and my favourite is definitely the all in one powder.
For £14.00 per compact, there is 9g (0.3oz) of product, it would last me atleast a month and half if I was to use it every day.
In the stores there are 6 shades, I am shade number 6 which is their darkest. Online, they have 3 extra shades which are the in between's but I find the shade number 6 suits me best as I don't want the shade to be too dark or too light.

It claims to give:
Using Body Shops' all-in-one face powder
  • Matte finish
  • Velvety feel
  • No added fragrance

    Which I can clarify all is true. 
 Pro's:

  • shade for me is as perfect as it can be, but if my face becomes darker I just apply another layer but no more than 2 layers 
  • lightweight feel to the skin, it doesn't feel heavy at all
  • light and small compact easy for my handbag
  • includes a sponge for application when you're out and about
  • affordable high street price for a good quality make up product
  • can mix this with a wet brush for a smoother and liquid type foundation (this option I don't use but have tried)
  • pink and yellow undertones available in the 6 shades

Con's:

  • can become bitty at the end of finished product and they fall out and stain the carpet
  • when you apply more than 2 layers on the face, it starts cracking on the face and is very visible to the face especially if the shade isn't correct
  •  not enough shades available for every skin tone
  • when you use it with a wet brush, it's not easy to have a smooth application on all areas of the face, it can become blotchy which is why I chose not to use it wet




The compared item is one from Mac which is also another world wide company, very famous for it's shades and how true the colours are. A lot of celebrities use Mac and also for important events such as weddings.
Mac offer a wide range of foundations from powder to liquid and the choice of shades is amazing!! Usually the staff at the counters are very helpful and give lots of recommendations in terms of your shades to help you find the right shade and the type of foundation you need. I was recommended the NC25 but the shade was far too light for me. I was disappointed and even after trying the NC25 in the store, I was telling the staff it was too light for me but she says for my skin tone it is perfect and give it a few minutes, the skin will react with the foundation and it will blend in?  I trusted her opinion and after about 4 hours later, the foundation was far too light. I then thought I would try it again at home by using my own brushes but still, not the right shade! I went back to the store and was told I couldn't exchange as it's been opened and used?! In America it is exchangeable but not here in England!

Anyway, after buying more than 1 pot of the Mac Studio Fix Foundation I decided to use the shade which I thought was the correct one for me.
For £20.50 there is 15g / 0.52 US oz of the product which is just over an extra half of the product compared to all in one foundation which is pretty good value for money.



I was recommended to try the Studio Fix Foundation by the staff at the counter and hearing the raved reviews on youtube made me go and buy! 
It claims to:


  • Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish. The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe. It is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff.
Pro's:

  • there are 43 shades for this foundation
  • can be used dry or wet
  • comes with a sponge
  • able to put in my handbag for touch ups
  
Con's:

  • too powdery on the skin
  • flakes off within the hour
  • when the skin gets wet or oily like my nose area, the foundation melts off
  • I have to mix 2 shades to find the correct shade but it is difficult to find the correct shade even with the wide variety of shades
  • when the powder is wet, it goes blotchy - doesn't make the face look like it is covered up completely
  • powder fades and becomes blotchy within 4 hours and I have normal combination skin
  • colour looks lighter on the skin even after it has set with or without a make up setting spray








mirrors  






I like the fact there are mirrors in both contacts, it means I don't need to carry an extra item in my bag!

hehe do you like my phone sticker at the back of my phone? hehe!!







As you can see, I have completely finished the one on the right which is from the Body Shop. The one that looks used but not even half used it from Mac. I definitely prefer the Body Shop one just from 1 simple coat of it on my face, or even to use it to set my make up , it works brilliantly.
My skin loves it and I get so much compliments about it!

The quality is definitely different .........

I would not buy the Studio Fix powder ever again, but definately have been repurchasing the Body Shop one over and over again as I love using it to countour, face base, setting powder! All-in-one for me at an affordable price!


XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment