What Is Night Cream?!

Not everyone understands the use of night cream or heard of night cream - I was one of them until I was about 22 years old. The price would put me off and there are so many options in terms of brands in every single drug store, I didn't know if a night cream was even necessary? Now I know and I want to share with you why it is important to use one!

I use to think that by applying a thicker layer of a moisturiser would do the trick, or perhaps just applying some after sun on it each night would help protect my face from the harmful UV rays my skin has been getting from the day time. I then went on to research about what night creams can offer me and decided if it was really necessary? I soon bought night cream and just used it waiting for good results, some worked and  unfortunately some didn't. I broke up in spots, acne, skin was more oily and some patches were still dry. Annoying, because I thought all night creams would make the skin become its best it can!! obviously not.

which night cream should I go for next? 


I enjoy using night cream because it really looks after my skin when I sleep, research shows that, "night time is the optimal time to maximise existing natural processes that occur in your skin. It is more receptive to ingredients that will help restore and revitalise its appearance. " (Dr. H. Maes, Ph.D, Vice President of Global Research & Development at Estée Lauder)
  
When you sleep, your skin becomes dehydrated, we sweat (even if we don't see it) which is very important because your cells enter a state called Osmotic Shock and they may die. We need to make sure our skin is hydrated with the right products so we don't wake up to dry patches or flaky skin. NO matter how much oily products you add to the skin, it wont solve the dry patches. Applying a night cream can help your skin to be replenished and hydrated and do the hard work whilst we dream away.....

It is vital we find the right products to use at the right time, to obtain maximum results and feel confident about our skin. When we use the wrong products that don't work with our skin, we develop a reaction to our skin, telling us it's not agreeing to our skin, such as a rash, spots, redness.

Of course, we need to be fully hydrated during the day, sleeping the correct amount of hours, having a balanced diet and protecting our skin day and night, otherwise we end up with flaky, fatigued, unhealthy looking skin which can cause you to have aged premature skin and difficult to manage.

make up free skin, ready for bed....

"The skin regenerates three times faster at night than during the day," explains Julia Fauchet, trainer at Lancôme. Cellular renovation activity reaches a peak between the hours of 2am and 4am. The skin recuperates more effectively during this time, thus the importance of boosting this high reparative activity.
I find it difficult to keep my body clock in sync as I do day and night shifts, but I always ensure I am using my night cream when I sleep so I let the product do the hard work whilst I am resting.
I always apply night cream at least half hour before I sleep as it absorbs better.
If you are not sure which night cream to use then check out the ingredients and ask what it offers you in terms of it's promise.
I recommend alcohol free creams and ones with natural ingredients such as aloe vera or vitmain E.

 XOX






No comments:

Post a Comment