Fashion Friday: The Boyfriend Jeans


Whoever thought of the boyfriend jeans style -  is amazing!! You don't have to be a male to wear these! Men's style can be so versatile for females, and comfortable, perfect for dressing down with abit of an edgy look teaming up with lots of accessories or a big jumper!

I love the boyfriend style, especially the jeans because it is so versatile! You can dress up or dress down with them and still look stylish!

Boyfriend jeans are suitable for weekdays, weekends day or night. They are basically men's style jeans as they are not fitted, slightly baggy but the bottom is slightly tapered or rolled up slightly.
They give the edgy look but also gives you the shape on the hips and not too tight on the thighs or legs.

They are so comfortable and it does not necessarily mean you have to take them from your boyfriend, the boyfriend is just a term to show they are the men's style.
Boyfriend jeans are meant to be low rise and have a cuff at the bottom for you to turn up. Some of them have rips for the more edgy look but you can add these yourself.

However, it is possibly to look classy simply by pairing them up with a pair of heels and a fitted top/smart jacket. For a relaxed look then just pair it up with a plain fitted top, I wore my long sleeve korean fashion top that has a unique design on the arms and front of the top.


 I decided to match my shoes with my handbag as I fancied adding a splash of electric blue to add some eccentric pieces to make the outfit stand out.

I personally think I look ridiculous in baggy style jeans so I rolled the bottom up slightly to give the edgy look, this can change the look completely. If you're short then I wouldn't recommend this as it would look like you're drowning in the jeans.


I would personally invest in a good pair of boyfriend jeans as you can wear them for a number of years. A cheaper pair may give you poor quality and would destroy the look you want to create, but for real denim you would be able to create your
looks better.


What I am wearing:

  • Top - Korean fashion from Hong Kong Causeway Bay
  • boyfriend jeans - River Island (3 years ago but they still have this style in store majority of the year but colours may vary)
  • belt - H&M
  • high tops - Ebay
  • hand bag - Kate Spade
  • scarf - Zara (2012 collection)
Some stores charge ridiculous amount for a pair of jeans, have a look at the men's section and don't be afraid to wear men's jeans. Fashion speaks for itself!

Enjoy!

XOX


No comments:

Post a Comment