Exfoliating Away Your Dead Skin Cells

from Superdrug for about £2.49
I use to wonder why would you wear gloves for your shower or bath and why do they kinda of feel rough and not smooth?

You can get the exfoliating gloves in alsorts of colours from different drug stores or companies, prices vary but I wouldn't pay too much for them as they all do the same thing - exfoliate the skin.

The first time I tried one of these exfoliating gloves was when I was about 20 years ago. I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I got the hang of it and also reading up in magazines for instructions also helped.

I find that by using the exfoliating gloves, it saves alot of time and bother when it comes to prepping the skin for the sun and to maintain the healthy glow all over my body.

Exfoliation is defined as the removal of surface dry skin cells.

 I would not recommend this for the face as the skin on the face is very delicate, there are other ways of exfoliating the face.

Using the exfoliating glove on areas such as the elbows, knees and your heels can really benefit the skin to exfoliating and becoming smooth because they bend and stretch the most which dry the skin and become thicker skin when it's not exfoliated. It can also resolve some skin problems in the near future ensuring your skin is healthy and glowing.


It really is no extra effort for me when it comes to exfoliating, it's actually a luxurious treat for the skin and at the end of the day, I will be thankful for it as it maintains my skins elasticity and youthfulness. It helps the products to work well in my skin and it is just an extra step added to my skin care regime once a week.

I exfoliate my whole body from shoulder to toes twice a week, face 2-3 times a week with my Galvanic Spa , exfoliate my lips once a week so I have smooth skin from head to toe!

If your skin becomes red, painful and looking irritated then it means you have over-exfoliated or used too much pressure on the skin. Let your skin heal and ensure you use a good soothing lotion on top of the skin. Over doing it can cause more damage than good, so it is important to be gentle to the epidermis.
The benefits of exfoliating is that it works below the epidermis, can help your skin texture to improve, promote collagen, promote efficient blood flow. Not only this, but it can also help the new skin to absorb the lotions. If your skin is exfoliated well then the lotion will sink into the skin straight away, if not then you know what to do !! Also another test you can do at home to see if you have dry skin cells on your skin is to take a piece of clear tape and apply it to the forehead. Rub it gently and remove. Look at the tape! If there are little pieces of flaky skin, then you need to exfoliate!

It is vital you moisturise after exfoliation so you can maintain the skin's smoothness and lock in the moisture.
I like to use a rich moisturiser with no alcohol in as the alcohol can make my skin feel tight and it irritates it so chose your moisturiser wisely.


Have fun~
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment