Schwarzkopf got2b Heat Spray Product Review


I quite like using Schwarzkopf products for my hair, it feels soft and more manageable. I have tried the shampoos, conditioners, and volumising sprays for my hair, they all have strong scents to it, some pleasant, some too strong for me.
I don't often had problems with my hair, it's hardly oily/greasy, dry or tangles, the only problems I have is that the hair goes lighter in the sun and also I have split ends as I am growing it out. I do trim it every few months myself and maintain it's length as best as I can.

I air dry my hair majority of the time, my Grannies and mom always tells me not to air dry it as it can give you headaches, I have always done it as a kid and I don't suffer from headaches. I have some friends who have got to blow dry it straight away and they say they get headaches if they don't but for me, it's quite the opposite.

I blow dry my hair if I am in a rush to go out or go to bed. I really really dislike blow drying it because it dries my hair out and it takes me about 25-30 minutes to blow dry it as it is so long, I also try to give it a break every 5 minutes to let the hair cool down. I also try using the cool air option but it makes my face so cold and I feel too tired from it lolz so I try to avoid it!

I use heat protecting hair sprays to protect my hair from using heat appliances and prevent having more split ends and also so the hair does not dry out as quick. I also spray the hair spray before I head out into the sun (if we get any that is). The last thing I want after being in the sun, is my hair to break or burn.
If I use my GHD's to curl my hair or hair curlers, I always make sure I thoroughly spray my hair with heat protecting spray. Just imagine using 180-260oC heat on the hair without protector? You can smell the hair burning and the hair actually is falling apart!!!

I bought the Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel to try as it was advertised everywhere!! I love the bottle shape, the pretty design, I couldn't wait to have it in my bathroom lol.

For aboutt £4.10 you get 200ml of the product which lasted me about 2 months which is quite cheap over the period of about 8 weeks. I have long hair which means I tend to use hair products quicker than others with shorter hair. I use about 5-6 spritz of spray each time on my hair from top to bottom.

If you are like me, who love playing with the hair then protecting it is also an important task, especially when
The product comes out from a pump spray at the top, I don't favour this pump because the product comes out unevenly. I use the spray after I wash it, when my hair is wet, I spray it on my hair then I use my fingers to distribute it evenly as possible.




Pro's:

  • cute design bottle
  • budget friendly
Con's:

  • the product does not disperse evenly from the pump
  • made my hair feel abit sticky
  • the smell is very strong even after the hair is dried
  • made my hair feel damaged further
  • not available in all supermarkets or drug stores
This product claims to protect the hair up to 220oC, am not sure how much of this I can believe as I have seen and felt the results on my own hair. If I use my GHD's or hair curlers then it is set to 220oC maximum so this is a great spray to use if it really does protect the hair up to 220oC.
I won't be purchasing this product again, I could see that it damaged my hair even more. My hair would feel and look a lot dryer than if I didn't use it, and it damages my hair which defeats the object of using it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a confession. For a long time I didn't use heat protection! But my hairdresser was for ever giving me grief! Ha. I've started using this actually, and I'm not really sure if I am suppose to notice any difference, or if it is one of those products that is just beneficial for my hair. Loved your post, was great to read your experience of it :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you it dried my hair out! Absolutely disgusting product made my hair feel like straw!

    ReplyDelete