Pierre Hermé Macaroons


I treat myself every now and then when I have worked extra hard, it gives me more courage to do what I do and remember to not let the dream snatchers affect me.

I have an addiction for macarons or 'macaroons' as we pronounce them here in the UK.
Macaroon's are small sweet meringue-like treats filled with genache in different flavours and pastes such as peanut butter, butter cream, nutella, jam. The outer shells come in different flavours such as tea flavours, fruit flavours, chocolates, flower scents.
My favourites are green tea, black sesame, earl grey tea, hazelnut.

I always buy macaroons whenever I travel, I just like the idea of eating macaroons in different cities. It's a nice luxurious thing to do when I am relaxing. I like to eat mine with a cup of green tea or ice cold water on a hot day.

I have never tried Pierre Herme macaroons before so I decided to purchase some from the London Selfridges store.
I was in London for the day for a business meeting so I thought I would treat myself.

Pierre Hermé



 The bag is quite pretty and luxurious feel to it.

Pierre Hermé


 I love the way the logo was printed on the sides of the bag.
It's not too big and not in your face, it's just humble and simple.















the box

There are different boxes to chose from depending on how many macaroons you chose to buy.

I decided to buy 7 as I didn't want to buy too much to eat and not appreciate them as much.

All 7 macaroons fitted in this cute box.








 
7 macaroons in different flavours
The main flavours I chose were rose ones, I like the taste and smell of rose, I just think it's so unique and precious. I also chose the green tea and salted caramel one as it's also a fun flavour to try!
The one that really caught my eye was the Mandarin Orange Olive Oil & Red Berries flavour!! I really couldn't wait to take them home to try!
They all sit in a thin piece of grease proof paper to keep the box nice and clean.

The macaroons are so plumpy, the ganache is more buttery than I thought but the shell is so crispy, even after 2 days ( I store them in the fridge to seal the freshness) of purchasing them.
I have to admit, the flavours are not as intense as ones I have tried previously, but still very precise with the shell and the nuttyness in them. ( I know nuttyness isn't a word but you get what I mean right?)


I love the sides of the presentation box, just oh-so-cute!! London themed - I will never forget where I purchased these from!

I am going to keep my box and re-use it!


Great gift ideas for someone who loves collecting cute boxes, macaroons, and enjoy a treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment