Superdrug Samy Fat Hair Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner Product Review


My hair use to be thick but due to stress and bad health, it has thinned out a lot over the years and I really do miss having thick hair again *sigh* We always want what we can't have don't we?
I try and buy hair thickening products to make it thick because for me, I think my hair is boring. It's so flat and lifeless, but straight and shiny.

One of UK's famous and easily accessible drugstore is Superdrug , you often hear UK beauty/make up guru's talk about this store. They sell the majority of the make up brands, skin care at affordable prices - they don't sell the designer items though. It's very family friendly. I remember when I started getting pocket money, I use to love going in Superdrug because it had so much choice and items for me to test out and discover!! Was defiantly a childhood favourite store and still like going in there nowadays!

I chose to buy this shampoo and conditioner set because it was sulphate free, and it was to thicken the hair. I have been cutting down on buying sulphate hair products for the past year or more because the sulphate damages the hair and can cause hair loss and that isn't what I want.


Each bottle is £5.59 and they are 300ml each which would last me for a good 2-3 months. 
I wash my hair every single day so I go through bottles of hair products quite quickly!
 Also my hair is very long so I need to look after each strand of hair hehe!

It claims to:
  • thicker, fuller, stronger, healthier looking hair.

Pro's:
  • affordable price for a big bottle of shampoo/conditioner to last for atleast 2 months (depending on how often you wash your hair and the length of your hair)
  • makes the bathroom look interesting with the bright red bottles living in there
Con's:

  • makes my hair so sticky after washing it out
  • the lotion is thick gel like and it does not sit in the hair well, it just glides off
  • the scent reminded me of soap and I don't favour that in my hair but it didnt last long in my hair which was good I suppose!

 I used both the shampoo and conditioner together to get maximum results, I even tried to use different shampoo/conditioners to see if it would make my hair any different but unfortunately it didn't. Infact, it made my hair feel very unmanageable and uncomfortable.

The lotion comes out from the top of the bottle which means you would need to tip the bottle upside down, when it comes to using it at the very end, it would be abit diffficult to get every last drop out! unless you fill it with some water then shake it all out! 


Sometimes there are offers on this range like buy 2 for a certain price or buy one get one free. It is also usually a huge sell out so it is difficult to get hold of sometimes.


Unfortunately I won't be buying this again, I bought the whole range to try but they didn't give me the results they promised so no point in repurchasing again. I couldn't wait to finish using the shampoo and conditioner to be honest!

I also bought the hair wax, volumising moose and spray hold. If anyone is interested in buying them off me then let me know! I would be happy to sell them at a discounted price! 

2 comments:

  1. This product look interessting, i've never test it, i guess i should give it a try.
    I posted similar product on my blog:
    http://thickmyhair.com

    Tnx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many factors which influenced the development of Hair Thickening. While much has been written on its influence on contemporary living, its influence on western cinema has not been given proper recognition. Often it is seen as both a help and a hindrance to the over 50, who are yet to grow accustomed to its discombobulating nature. With the primary aim of demonstrating my considerable intellect I will now demonstrate the complexity of the many faceted issue that is Hair Thickening.

    ReplyDelete