Shiseido Eudermine Product Review

I never thought about using Shiseido products because it seemed so over priced and not hyped as much in the UK but when I am in Hong Kong , everyone is talking about Shiseido ever since I was a little girl.
 It is very difficult to get hold of some of the products in the UK, even in major department stores in London don't stock, and shipping it over to the UK has a hefty charge so I don't bother buying it unless I am back in Hong Kong.
In Hong Kong, Shiseido is easier to buy products from than UK because it is an asian brand therefore easily accessible from Asia.



I was introduced the Shiseido Eudermine last year by one of my best friends over in Hong Kong who loves high end skin care such as Shiseido and really enjoys using the Eudermine toner.

I believe the luxurious Eudermine has been around since 1897 and alot of young teenagers in China have started using it and not stopped, therefore their skin is alot more smoother than those who have not been introduced to the product - must be their holy grail secret?!

This has got to be the most luxurious toner I have ever owned in my life! It looks so pretty in my bathroom and so luxurious on my skin! 
 EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!


My best friend had a small sample bottle of the Eudermine and she highly recommended it to me. I tried it for a week and I noticed a change in my skin. It felt much smoother to apply my make up and I felt like my dark scars weren't are dark. 
For my birthday I received a full size bottle of Shiseido Eudermine toner and I was sooooooo greatful!! * Thank You Eva * 

It promises to:
  • maintain hydration and moisture
  • tone the skin 
  • suitable for any skin tone
  • safe to use day and night

I have combination skin, mainly dry than oily. My t-zone isn't really oily but it isn't dry either. I had some dry patches on my nose and flaky lips, (was too lazy to scrub them for a few weeks to be honest) and after blotting the eudermine on those areas, I found my skin was smooth the next day and make up was much more easy to glide. Essentially it's a toner and moisturiser at the same time. Personally for me, I like to apply a night cream before bed to help my skin cells repair quicker and knowing I won't wake up with dry skin is a major thing for me. During the winter time, I would still wake up with dry patches of skin, so I had to use a thicker night cream on top of the eudermine.

Shiseido says that Eudermine adjusts to climate to keep the skin's moisture level regardless of the time of year or where you live. I have used this in all seasons and it works well for me when it's warmer than colder. Not sure why though? Maybe it's because of the other products I have been using with it. I go through a range of skin care products to help maintain my skins flawless look as much as I can but the Shiseido Eudermine has definitely been my favourite during the cold seasons!

Eudermine has not caused any redness, any irritation, any flakiness nor any problems with my skin so far.  
There is  rose/lillies-like scent to this which I like, it reminds me of rose-water, to help with the hydration of the skin. 


The bottle is huge, it contains 200ml 6.7fl. oz. of the product in the bottle in a thick red glass. The lid is a screw-off lid and the toner comes out the nozzle when you tip it upside down or shake it out of the bottle onto the cotton pad.

Pro's:
  • makes my skin smooth
  • my lipsticks/make up just glide on
  • the scent doesn't stay on the skin until it sinks in 
  • dries quick on the face and not drip off the face like some toners do

Con's:
  • heavy duty glass bottle
  • if the bottle drops, then the whole thing is smashed

I use a piece of cotton pad with the Shiseido Eudermine because it doesn't waste the products on the fingers or hands and its more gentle on the skin and not too heavy handed.

 I love the fact that this toner does not dry out my skin like ones I have used in the past, it maintains the skins hydration and makes the skin smooth.
Toners usually strip off the skin, essentially strip off the skins moisture levels, whereas the Shiseido Eudermine moisturises and softens the skin protecting the moisture levels. To me, it's a  hyaluronic acid solution, but with no stickiness or film at all giving me smooth skin!

The ingredients isn't all natural but not too bad either. 

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Betaine, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Carbomer, Fragrance, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Acaylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acaylate Crosspolymer, Arginine HCI, PCA, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride. 

Even though it contains alcohol, it doesn't irritate my skin as bad as some toners I have tried in the past. The moisturised results wins me over completely! Some bad toners I have used in the past has made my skin bumpy, have pimples, cause redness, gives my skin a burning sensation (due to the amount of alcohol in the product) and makes my old scars alot more visible defeating the object of a toner! The Shiseido Eudermine protects my skin making it supple and luxurious.

This is a great luxurious gift for someone who appreciates high end skin care and loves making the bathroom look interesting!  

2 comments:

  1. the harvey nichols beauty bazaar in Liverpool has a Shiseido counter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must go visit!! have you tried this Eudermine yet? xx

    ReplyDelete