Holika Holika Syn-Ake Night Cream Product Review



I first discovered Holika Holika in Hong Kong December 2012 in Causeway Bay. The brand originates from Korea, and there is a store in a mall in Causeway Bay Hong Kong which sells a range of the Holika Holika products from skincare to make up.

Holika Holika is an exclusive brand in Hong Kong, any brand from Korea is hard to find outside of Korea due to it's law about copyright and licensing. I felt very happy to be able to purchase it and bring it back to England to continue using.


Syn-Ake peptide products are a huge craze in Asia and have been the last 2 years or less, I wanted to give it a try and see what the hype was all about so I purchased a few items including this wrinkle focus cream.

Syn-Ake is an alternative to botox in a bottle, it's basically a copy of snake venom, to help freeze the wrinkles on the skin but without the pain of injections.

I first heard about the use of snake venom in skin care about 4 years ago when I found out celebrities such as Cheryl Cole, Victoria Beckham and Kate Moss using it. There were reports of long queues for these kind of products in the beauty market due to its high quality for the skin.

For 50ml of the product in this fancy jar, it has lasted me about 5 months use every single night.
It wasn't too expensive, less than about $200hk, I was really excited to buy it and I even bought one for my mom as a gift.

It promises to:

  • Take care of wrinkles softly
  • Give soft texture like velvet for the skin
  • Promote elasticity and hydrate the skin

The active ingredients are , EGF (Epidermal growth factor), adenosine, hyaluronic acid. 
Essentially, to help maintain moisture and help cellular turnover while you sleep.


I apply a thin layer of this to my entire face and neck in an upward and outward motion after I have taken my make up off, cleansed, toned, applied serum then this as a night cream. I always wait about half hour until I can sleep, this gives the skin time to absorb the product.

There is a heavy scent to this product, even when it's absorbed to the skin. At first I enjoyed the scent but then after a few months, I realised the scent was so strong and the product was so sticky on my skin. Usually after I apply any product to the face, I tap it in to help with the circulation and massage the skin, but after applying this night cream, the skin felt like it was thicker as it was covered with this cream even applying a thin layer. I also noticed my face became red at times and itchy, I stopped using it and changed my night cream for my face.
I would not recommend this to those who have sensitive skin as the perfume is so strong and it did irritate my skin.

Pro's:
  • pretty packaging
  • tub looks nice in my room
  • screw off the top lid to reveal product and you can scoop out the product without wasting any of the formula
  • affordable price
Con's:
  • sticky formula even after applying a thin layer
  • scent too strong
  • big tub for 50ml of product 
  • hard to find Holika Holika outside of Korea

The lid reminds me of snake

Holika Holika Syn-Ake Night Cream
 I personally didn't enjoy using the product after about 3 months, it literally sat on my skin and didn't do anything but irritate my skin. I am happy that I got the chance to try it and share my experience!

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment