Holika Holika Green Detox Cleanser Product Review

This is a product from Holika Holika collection.
I was so excited to try this as it was a detox cleanser!
I bought this in Hong Kong, Causeway Bay back in December 2012. I started using it whilst I was in Hong Kong and I brought it over to England with me.

I use it every night in the shower on my face and wherever I have spots, which is mainly on my back. I guess a lot of people have that problem too but don't talk about it right?

Unfortunately this product is discontinued now, not too sure where you can purchase it from unless you go to Korea where it is manufactured from!

This product comes in just one size, it was roughly about UK £5 which is very affordable for 75ml of product, it lasted me for about 4 months using it every day in the shower.

It claims to:

  •  Green complex fermented with chlorella extract makes skin clear 
  •  Olive oil ingredient removes makeup clearly
  • Green tea relaxes stress and creates lively face
(found from Korean online store )



I love the smell of this, its a strong smell of sweet green apple, even though I did expect it to smell like green tea?  But I didn't recognise a hint if green tea at all.
The cleanser is slightly discoloured, lotion is very watery-like and doesn't seem like it sits in the skin. I have tried this on a piece of cotton pad and soaked it on my face, it hasn't felt like it benefited my skin at all. If anything, it has given my skin a reaction, sometimes red patches.
I have also tried this on my pimples and it hasn't made it go less red, it feels like it hasn't done anything to it either.




I think this is a fun item to try but with no benefits. It totally isn't isn't suitable for me because I can't see any good changes to my skin.
It has made my bathroom look interesting with the korean text all over it, but I sadly don't understand korean but I made sure I asked the shop assistants at the store how to use it.



I have tried to use this to remove my make up but it defiantly is not a make up remove product. Maybe just on lipstick but defiantly not for mascara!



Pro's:

  • gorgeous fresh sweet scent
  • the design of the bottle makes it feel like it is a very natural and good benefit product

Con's:

  • the consistency is too watery and slides off the skin like water- makes me wonder, how much of this product actually sits on the skin and benefits my skin?!
  • the product starts forming bits at the bottom of the bottle when you keep it still for a few days
  • hard to find to buy
  • not a great make up remover

I won't be purchasing this again and won't go through the stress of trying to find it because it simply did not benefit me at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because even though it is an affordable drug store product price, save the money and buy something worth your while!

No comments:

Post a Comment