Elizabeth Arden Gold Ceramide Capsules Review

This product here is one of Elizabeth Arden's best selling product so I decided to give it a try.
This can be found in most Elizabeth Arden counters and they come in different sizes - depending on how many capsules you want to purchase. They range from 45 or 60 capsules.


I love the container it comes in, I love the gold design with the Elizabeth Arden name printed around the lid.
The packaging looks simple but yet so eye catching! I think it looks so pretty on my make up cabinet! You can also re-use the container and re-stock the capsules!
The top opens as a lid opening upwards. It closes securely when it clicks.




To use:
  • Making sure the face is cleansed properly, (after the shower) I cleanse my face with a cleanser wash in the shower and then followed by a cleanser cream and toner.
  • Open the capsule by twisting the top nozzle off about 4 times then pull it out.
  • Carefully smoothing the product onto my hands then onto my face and neck. Let the product soak the goodness into the skin.
  • NOTE: this product is for external use only!




I was very reluctant to try this product as I thought it was for mature women who have wrinkles, fine lines and very dry skin. I tried one at the counter on my hands and could see how moisturised my skin was. The product looks and feels oily and that put me off first time I used it but after about a minute of massaging the oil into my skin, it soaks in and doesn't make my skin oily at all. I was pretty amazed by it!

Don't be put off by the oiliness of the product, the oil is what your skin needs, therefore it will soak up quick, oil does not sit on the skin.


There is quite a lot of product in each capsule, it would last for 2 applications but I use it for my hands as well as my face and neck. 

The smell reminds me of some sort of nuts, it use to put me off but I got use to it and I wouldn't say I love it or hate it. It's a bit strong, especially when applying it to the face but the smell wears off quite quick.

I have redness around my nose and cheeks, after using this product I can see a glow the next day and the redness calms down significantly! Not many products do this due to the ingredients of the product.
During cold winter time, my skin is really red, it tightens, gets itchy and blotchy. I was recommended by a sales adviser from Elizabeth Arden to try this and it helped calm down the redness! I wouldn't say it got rid of it completely but it wasn't as visibly bright as it would be without using some sort of 'calming cream' , this oil makes my skin so plumpy and moisturised too!

Apparently this serum/oil is to help fine lines too, I don't have any as of yet therefore cannot say if it has benefited in that sense but overall, my face as a more plumpy feel and glowing skin tone.

I use it as a serum before bed once a week as my skin is sensitive during winter/cold weather.
I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin or spots because adding further oils to the face for you would make it worse.
I usually would only use this product when I see a lot of redness or when my skin is super dry and it works really well!


I have not had any break outs or any allergy reactions to this product. I have been using these for the last 2 winters and it's lasted me so long as I don't use it very often.
These capsules are quite expensive but I know when there is a good sale on at the Elizabeth counter, they are worth buying to last you through the year!
Prices vary but they are roughly £44.00 for 40 capsules or £60.00 for 60 capsules.
I suggest you to try one at the counter before purchasing this - incase it is not suitable for your skin.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing.. I love Elizabeth Arden's skincare.. I've been using her Prevage line which I've really enjoyed and repurched.. I didn't see any miracles but I did love how hydrated it made my skin..

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miracle products!!! Thanks for reading =] xXx~

    ReplyDelete