Ever suffered with allergy reaction from unknown lotions?


 I have recently suffered an allergy reaction to a body lotion which kind of suprised me because the product was meant to be soothing for the skin but having very sensitive skin, can still have reactions.
During the colder seasons my skin all over my body begins to show reactions a lot more than warmer seasons. I use to have severe eczema, I was at the doctors every 2 weeks getting creams, dermatologist reviews and it really did have a major effect on my confidence. 
I don't have eczema anymore as I have got right down to the source of the problems but I do have rosacea on my face and it does happen on my thighs, stomach and arms even when I am wearing long layers to cover up.  It's so painful to touch especially when it comes to washing my face or shaving my legs , the skin feels like it's on fire and it's unbearable at times!
Having a skin reaction makes me feel so unhappy because it hurts and looks horrible! totally knocks my confidence.
Due to the environment in work in, I have to washed my hands at least 50 times a day with the foamy soap and water, I am not a fan of using soap nor the strong alcohol gel but I did cover up the affected area with a sterile dressing then let it breath at night when I sleep.
the start - redness and sore
I work as a nurse most times and due to infection control, we have to use soap and water after every patient contact, therefore I have to be very careful of what lotions I use on my skin and making sure it is looked after the best as it can be.

However, I used a lotion and just after a few times this was what happened...... 
 

day 2



This was what I used on my hands, after about 3 uses my skin began to hurt, the skin felt so tight and itchy and it stung so badly, then the bumps showed up.

day 2 - 3

I had the bumps on my hand for about 6 days before it actually calmed down. I used my Hyaluronic acid spray to calm down the redness, perennial to deeply moisturise it and also enhancer to stop it from spreading. They are the main treatments I use when it comes to any skin problems I have. 

After 2-4 days it calmed down to this. It's not as visible as before and the bumps are still there but the redness has definitely calmed down and it's not itchy anymore. 

I used 3 products to help the hand calm and resolve. They are all from Nu Skin ,
Moisture Mist Spray, Perennial moisturiser and Enhancer Gel

  • I used the moisture mist spray to help lock in moisture as my skin felt so sore and tight, whenever the skin has a reaction it loses its hydration levels and causes the tightness feeling then show signs of a reaction. I also use this to set my make up and lock in moisture before I sleep by spritzing 2 spritz before bed. 
  • using the Perennial moisturiser it helps the skin to reinforce the skin's natural defence mechanisms protecting against dry air, cold climate and wind. Fragrance-free. Safe and gentle for all skin types, including sensitive like mine. This is great for all over the body all year round. 
  • the Enhancer has a cooling sensation when it's applied to the skin. The clear gel melts onto the skin absorbing deep into the epidermis, great for any soreness or burns, also for pre-post shaving for men!

day 6

after 7-9 days
If you suffer with skin problems such as rosacae, or eczema with sensitive skin type then you may want to consider this as an option. 
You can only buy Nu Skin products from a distributor and I am one of them. Send me an email with your skin problems and I will get back to you with recommendations. 
 The photos are all my hand, not editted.
Thank You for reading my ramble!
XOX


** I am a distributor for Nu Skin, this product was purchased with my own money and I have given my most honest opinion, I have not been contacted by the company to give this review in any way. **
Send me an email if you're interested to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment