Day 20 of the TR90

Today I am on day 20 of the 90 day challenge I set myself up for, together combining with healthier eating plans, supplements and working on the body engine (AKA metabolism).
As promised, I will complete a diary entry, which I have a book for that I use to jot down what I eat, and whether I have hunger or cravings for it, and also where I eat it. This allows me to keep track of how I feel during a day of work as time goes on.

At first, I struggled with the eating because on some days I would eat very little and just snack on high energy foods in between what I do, or some days I would eat big portions of meals, 3-6 times a day. Usually every 2-3 hours I get really hungry, and when I say hungry, I mean like my stomach rumbles for feeding. I do tend to get abit moody when I am hungry as I am demanding for food and do have dizzy spells when I don't eat within a few hours. I just need food all the time basically, my handbags always have emergency food and I am always cooking and eating hehe.....

Following the TR90 food plan is tricky at the start as you have to cut out certain foods and replace it with protein. I cut out crisps over 3 months ago as I was eating 3+ packets per day!! I love crisps, I would happily sit there and eat 3 packets in one sitting! The last time I ate crisps, I ate 28 packets of Hula Hoops in 4 days! I said to myself ' I have got to stop ' and I did! I feel better for it and as soon as I started the TR90 program, I knew I would have more of a challenge as my favourite foods would be constantly on my mind.

I have no self control when it comes to eating, I don't know when to stop and I dont know if I am hungry unless my stomach growls at me, and sometimes when my stomach does growl, I dont feel like eating so I dont. The TR90 helps to work on the mindset, perfect for me as that's where one of my main problems are!! I keep a track record of my cravings and hunger and I can see now my cravings are less and I know when to stop eating now. Every meal is measured in portions simply by using your hands.

I have put on 4kg but my body is more defined and I can feel my stomach is not as flabby as before which I am loving, I am not an exercise type of person as I know during the day/night when I work, I am constantly running about and up on my feet. However, I have started spending atleast 4 whole minutes on 100 reps atleast per day to help me lose the fat quicker!
 I am continuing to be constantly up on my feet and using weights to tone up my arms, am not hungry as often anymore but I do have cravings for vegetables even more than usual, which isn't a bad thing I suppose!

Sweet potato seeded salmon salad with a dollop of light cream cheese


Here is an example of one of my meals this week......




I have bought sweet potatoes before but now I eat it a few times a week as part of my non meat protein options. Sweet potatoes are high in anti-oxidant beta carotene which may help slow the ageing process and reducing the risk of some cancers. I really enjoy eating them now!

 XOX


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Natasha, on day 22 of TR90. Yesterday I was lucky enough to have my antioxidant status read. I am thrilled as it was 63000. That's evidence that it really does improve your health, what was the end result for u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi so how much weight you lost finally?

    ReplyDelete