Nanoblur Review

£19.99 sold at Boots.
We all want miracles for our skin to make us look younger and flawless skin but what do we use or do to achieve that? One product that has been highly raved is this Nanoblur cream and it claims to work in just 40 seconds!! madness!! But I tested it and here are my thoughts!

Nanoblur is a corrector product, used by celebrities such as Cheryl Cole. You either love this or hate this depending on what you can handle on your face.


It is sold in Boots which is a known drug store in the UK, and some high end beauty stores but very rare to find. There are actually 2 versions of this item available, one is the original Nanoblur, and the newer edition can help boost hydration of the skin. This is entirely depending on your skin without the use of any products, will help you decide which one to buy. I have the original item, also my skin varies depending on the climate and products I use on my skin, generally it is dry/normal.

30ml of product


To use:
Apply foundation on the face after your 3 step routine (cleanse, tone & moisturise) then apply the Nanoblur over.


It promises to:

Look up to 10 years younger in 40 seconds or less. This advanced optical cream erases the appearance of skin ageing, lines, wrinkles, crow's feet, sagginess and enlarged pores within seconds without any tint. Essential for meetings, events and dates.


Ingredients:

Water / Aqua / Eau, Adipic acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, VP/VA Copolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isohexadecane, Polysilicone-11,  Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. 


Pro's:

  • tube sits upright on the lid which means gravity helps the lotion come out of the tube
  • fills in the lines on the face
  • fills in lines/pores
  • suitable for male or female
  • fragrance free
  • consistency is smooth like a primer 
  • has a 90 day money back guarantee
  • can be worn with or without make up
Con's:

  • doesn't work with every single foundation
  • not suitable for sensitive/dry skin
  • does not make my skin look younger
  • not a primer
  • makes the face look cakey
  • sticky texture
  • no SPF 
  • no expiry date on the tube
  • when the product is dried, it's actually flaky! 
  • product is too highly raved
  • no clinical tests have been provided
Some people would use this as a primer but it actually isn't, it is more of a corrector.
The texture of this is thick and can be smooth on the skin but it is very sticky and not easy to blend.
I tried this on it's own on the back of my hands and on my face to compare the texture result. I blended it with my BB Cream, tinted moisturisers, and foundations at photo shoots but the skin looks thick and the product ruins the smoothness of my skin.
I have tried :
  • using the nanoblur before applying any make up
  • using the nanoblur on top of my tinted moisturiser/foundation
  • mixed liquid tinted moisturiser with nanoblur
  • leaving the Nanoblur to set on my skin for at least 40 seconds as instructed to get the best results. 




But sadly, it made my skin feel heavier, blocking the pores, whitening the face,  however, it did take away the dullness of the face and giving you the younger look by giving the skin the illusion of smoother surface but what does it actually do to your skin underneath?!



You can clearly see the thickness of the Nanoblur when it's blended into my skin
I really dislike the consistency of the product on my face, it literally just sits on my face before or after foundation, and for someone like me who doesn't use liquid foundation but either powdered foundation or tinted moisturiser, this product does not mix well whether it's applied before or after.

I have tried this product in the colder seasons, warm seasons and humid weather, it is far worse in the colder seasons as it makes my skin feel super tight and it is so painful to wash off so I stayed away from it during those climates.

There is no expiry date printed on the product tube therefore you don't know when it needs to be used by or how long you can store it for. Sometimes, products are just left on the shelves and sold at a much cheaper price when it's past it's expiry date! It defeats the object of buying the product as it won't work the way it is advertised so am always conscious of that when it comes to buying products - abit like when you buy food, you need to check if it's in date or not!


Here is my face after I have moisturised my face with SPF moisturising cream as Nanoblur contains no SPF and that's one thing I always look for in a skin product.


Personally it works with no make up on , as it does minimise my enlarges pores but that's about it!
From the first time I used this, it was a disaster but I did continue to use this with different ways of applying products before and after the Nanoblur. I find it doesn't work with any other product including moisturisers which is my major let down as there is no SPF with this product so my skin isn't protected at all!







Here is the Daily Mail article about this product! Quite interesting......



Here I have applied the Nanoblur onto my face before my tinted moisturiser, the skin looks smoother and looks whiter. It doesn't make the skin oily but it does feel thicker and definitely know there is a heavy product just sat on my skin which I dislike!

The instructions on the tube are inadequate. I followed them and found the product too mattifying and lightening for liquid foundation but perfect for mineral makeup?! I disagree!

It claims to make my skin look 10 years younger, my skin was almost flawless at the point of using this product anyway and to make it look 10 years even younger would make me in my teens as I am in my 20's. Total madness as the the claims are pretty outrageous. and I don't expect to look any younger than 18 really! But the idea of looking 10 years younger really did intrigue me!






Here I have applied the Nanoblur, then my tinted moisturiser, as you can see, there is a streak of colour on my cheek, and that was from the Nanoblur not mixing well. In real life, my skin was blotchy and sticky! It felt like glue was on my face and it can be abit tricky to wash off!

I guess this product would work for some and the rest it wont work, one of which is me. I have tried different methods of applying this before/after foundation/tinted moisturiser/foundation powder/no make up.
I was disappointed that it did nothing for me other than make me dislike the product, I followed the trend from celebrities and tried it myself and here is the result!

I won't be purchasing this again, infact I still have a lot of the product left and want to sell it!! If anyone is interested for a fraction of the price - email me!



No comments:

Post a Comment