Nu Skin SPF 35 Face & Body Cream Product Review


  Finding the right product for your skin is just as important as knowing how much SPF we need to cover our skin before it becomes damaged. Not many people care and not so many understand about the products they are using. I like to read and understand the ingredients of every product that goes on my skin, especially when it comes to sun protection on my face.

Now that it is summer time, I always use a higher sun factor. All year round I use at least SPF 15, summer time I have SPF 35 minimum. I try not to sit out in the sun for too long as I can burn easily and have tan marks all over my body (which can last for quite a few months), and also my dark spots can grow bigger. 
Our tissue cells can become cancerous and before you see the signs, it is too late to cure. That is what I am afraid of - knowing I cannot turn back time to un-do my mistakes therefore I use at least SPF 15 on my face/skin every single day, even in the winter time when it is dark. There are harmful UVA and UVB rays that damage our skin and they are invisible. UVA rays go deep into the dermis, and the UVB rays hit the surface of the dermis! When we use SPF , the rays reflect from it and protect the epidermis (the surface of the skin).
It certainly is very difficult to find a higher SPF 20 for the face in the market! You cannot just use your regular sun tan lotion for your face purely because your face needs more TLC as it is damaged every single day that you are living, yes, even when you cannot see the sun. The harmful UVA and UVB rays are constantly circulating around us, we don't see them but our skin feels the pain.

By using SPF 35, it means it protects your skin 35 times more than your usual time before you get burnt. For instance, it takes about 10 minutes for my skin to become burnt without SPF, so if I use SPF 35, it would make me last in the sun for 350 minutes (almost 6 hours) before I burn and complain lolz. 
I use SPF 15 on my face in the winter and cover up the rest of my body, even though I am indoors most of the time, I am protecting my skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays up to 15 times before it causes my skin any problems. Just because you cannot see the damage straight away, it doesn't mean there are no problems, later on you will see the effects, whether it is freckles, dark spots or redness to the skin.

People with light eyes or hair, who sunburn easily or do not tan have an increased risk of skin cancer and also malignant melanoma is almost twice as common in young women (up to age 34) as in young men, but more men die from it. (cancerresearch.co.uk). I have always believed that protection is better than cure, it only takes a minute to apply the sun factor on. 
When we go abroad on holiday or on a long weekend break, we apply sun lotion, so why not when you are back home? What difference does it make?

For some people, cost is always the main issue but in actual fact, it costs more for health care and the inconvenience of pain. There is a choice of long term damage VS costs, I would rather chose paying that little bit more to prevent worsening health. 
For some people, they have allergies to SPF products, that can be discussed with your dermatologist of experts of products. There are always product email address and websites to give you information about their products. 

 When it comes to lotion for my face or body, I look for these main things:

  • cost
  • ingredients
  • benefits
  • SPF
  • consistency
  • scent 
I discovered Nu Skin and their products this year when I found the Galvanic Spa Machine and understanding what it did to my skin. I was very suprised to see there was an SPF 35 lotion for the face as well as the body and I bought it straight away!
I was super excited to try the product on myself as I had read a few testimonials on how great the product was and the active ingredients.


Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate)  (7.0%), Titanium Dioxide (4.264%), Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone) (3.0%)

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone), Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Leaf/Stem Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Algae Extract, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Esters, Cetyl Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin.
*Sealastin


open lid at the bottom of the tube makes sure you get all your product out
For £19, there is 100ml/3.4fl. oz of the product in the tube. The product stays upright which means when it comes to the end of using up the cream, gravity lets the product come out of the tube downwards. I love it when products come out at the bottom of the bottom rather than the top, it's such a hassle to use up all of the products! We all fight to use up everything - don't deny it! lolz! 
The flip top cap is very easy to open and usually by now the caps snap off but I have used this over 10 times and had no problems with it!


Pro's:

  • suitable for face and body - it hasn't irritated my face at all and I have very sensitive skin. 
  • bottle is stood upright
  • only need a little bit for the face and neck - a little goes a long way!
  • water resistant and allows up to 80 minutes of uninterrupted water play before you should apply
  • packaging does not melt in the sun - I have before had the tubes melt due to the heat which isn't good for the products as it can be cancerous
  • does not stain clothes
  • suitable for children over 6 months old so it can be used for the whole family
  • does not make the skin oily even out in the sun

Con's:

  • Just available in 1 size only
  • the highest SPF available is just the 35 
  • there is a slight refreshing scent to this product but it wears off once it is soaked into the skin

I apply this as a base after my skin care regime in the morning, then my make up over. It hasn't caused my skin to become dry or oily, which is an important factor as it can make the skin look too unhealthy and cause break outs as well as the make up to smudge. I also use my moisture mist spray over my face to set my make up.

There are active ingredients which make this product unique:
  •  Mentha piperita (peppermint leaf extract) - a skin-soothing extract that helps reduce skin sensitivity and promotes a feeling of well-being.
  • Green tea extracts (Tēgreen97®) - a proprietary extract of green tea catechins, which are powerful antioxidants that scavenge cell-damaging free radicals.
  • SeaLastin - helps protect the skin’s support structures, promoting healthy collagen and elastin levels for skin suppleness.
  • Heat shock proteins - a unique technology that enhances the skin’s ability to protect against heat and UV stress, ensuring optimum cellular health.
I use this as my 3rd step to my face regime in the morning (tone, cleanse then moisturise)
I use a small amount to cover my face then massage it gently into my neck in an upwards and outwards motion, this lets gravity make my face become more uplifted. As we grow old, we grow south!!










From the first use of this lotion, I have found that the product has been thick to start with, then it is absorbed into the skin easily and not caused it to become oily. It soaks in within 1-2 minutes and with it's unique cooling effect from the peppermint extract, it gives me the confidence that my skin is going to be protected for at least 5 hours in the sun!

Even though in the UK we don't get much sun, I ensure I use a higher SPF on a sunny day to save myself from re-applying the lotion. I try not to sit out in the sun for too long as I burn, my skin becomes red and then tan.
If I was to sunbathe properly then I would reapply every 60-80 minutes to maximise the coverage and still tan at the same time.
After about 35 circular motions of massaging the product onto my hands, it sets and looks like this in less than 30 seconds



I have experienced SPF lotions stains the clothes, especially when I am on holiday and my white clothes have streaks in and cannot wash out unless it is bleached! I am pretty sure a lot of you guys have experienced that too which is a complete waste of money on the garments! You go on holiday, go home with a tan but ruined garments!
I have not experienced any complains from my clothes so far, even when I have applied this to my arms, shoulders, neck and feet. It was such a suprise for me which made me enjoy using it even more!!

I work mainly indoors but when I am outdoors especially when I have a day of photoshooting, I always apply this to my face and body to ensure my skin is fully protected from the harmful rays. I hardly re-apply unless I am in the direct sun for longer than half hour, it's so handy to carry in my bag as the tube is not that heavy.

If you are looking for an SPF lotion which has major benefits for you and your family then check it out on www.nuskin.com , they ship world wide!

XOX

  ** I am a distributor for Nu Skin, this product was purchased with my own money and I have given my most honest opinion, I have not been contacted by the company to give this review in any way. **

No comments:

Post a Comment