Nu Skin AP24 Anti-Plaque Fluoride Toothpaste Product Review

Oral hygiene is a must in my daily routine, I brush my teeth twice a day, three times if I have food stuck in between my teeth or before I go to an event - it's a self conscious thing. I also floss and use mouthwash to ensure my mucosa is immaculate as possible.

I have tried various brands for oral care and there seems to be a lot of times where I go back and buy the same toothpaste as I love the result and confidence it gives me. I am not scared to try different brands and see what their products have to offer me, after all, I am a beauty blogger.

Having tried a few other Nu Skin products, I wanted to have a try of their toothpaste!

Looking at the details of this toothpaste, Nu Skin recommends:

  • Brush teeth thoroughly, preferably after each meal or at least twice a day, or as directed by a dentist or physician. Children of 6 years and younger: Use a pea sized amount for supervised brushing to minimise swallowing. In case of intake of fluoride from other sources consult a dentist or doctor. 
ingredients:

  • Dicalcium, Phosphate Dihydrate, Water (Aqua),Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Dimethicone*,  Poloxamer 338*, Poloxamer 407*, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Flavor (Aroma), Sodium Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
  • *A component of the patented AP-24® formula.
 To make you understand it abit more, this is from the Nu Skin product information

AP-24®
− a patented plaque-fighting agent. AP-24® is a long-chain
silicon-oxygen molecule that can wrap around teeth and hold
tightly to leave your mouth feeling cleaner and fresher longer.
• Dicalcium phosphate
− a mild abrasive that gently loosens
and removes debris.
• Sodium monofluorophosphate
− an approved form of
fluoride that can be used to fight cavities.


I brush my teeth first thing in the morning and before bed,  sometimes after a meal (depending on where I am) I use a pea sized amount on my electric toothbrush. I find that by using an electric toothbrush, my teeth feel more clean, gives me more confidence to smile!


Pro's:

  • upright tube with a flip top lid, which means gravity will help the toothpaste to come out from the bottom
  • it does give a coating over my teeth to make my teeth feel like it's being protected

Con's:

  • too pricey for a toothpaste that doesn't work better than my usual toothpaste
  • not got a good long lasting after taste
  • too much air in the tube, it was annoying when I was trying to use the last of the toothpaste, it kept pumping out air

I am glad I tried this toothpaste but I don't feel it gives me the confidence my original toothpaste does. 
For £8 there is 170g / Net Wt. 6oz of product, lasted me 2 months.
My first impressions haven't changed throughout the use of this toothbrush, I don't like the taste of it after a short period of time, it is somewhat more salty than sweet, doesn't leave my mouth with a good after taste or long lasting. 
The toothbrush is white in colour The colour of my teeth remain the same, it doesn't cleanse enough for my liking. I still continue to floss and use mouthwash from time to time to ensure my mucosa is fully hydrated and fresh. 


Sadly, this is a product I don't like from the Nu Skin range, I still prefer my skin products than anything else. I am glad I tried the toothpaste though! There is also another toothbrush I have yet to try!


XOX



** I am a distributor for Nu Skin, this product was purchased with my own money and I have given my most honest opinion, I have not been contacted by the company to give this review in any way. **

No comments:

Post a Comment