Estee Lauder Idealist Product Review

Estee Lauder is one of my favourite brand of skin care products since I was in my early 20's!
 I have tried the some of the make up including lipsticks, eyeshadows, lip liners, eye liners, mascaras, blushers, and I quite like it.  It's very subtle and I feel like it really caters to my skin type and tone. Not every brand can do this for me and it is important to know which products work well for my skin as well as the brand.

I wanted to try this skin serum for a long time!! This is also known as the 'Idealist' illuminator. I saw it being advertised in magazines, in the malls, TV adverts and I really wanted to try it out.


I do have alot of uneven skin tone and it is mainly dull due to the heavy signs of ageing attacking me!!! Mainly from the deprived sleep and shift pattern change from one extreme to the other and lack of sun in my system. I was eager to try this as it seemed to have been a huge advertisement everywhere I went.

The main point of a serum is to moisturise your skin deeper than a moisturiser can! Serums cost a lot more than facial moisturisers because they have added nutrients in which help tackle the signs of ageing, some can prevent acne and some are catered for those with oily/sensitive skin.
Facial moisturisers and moisturisers are not the same thing either! your face has been through a lot of harmful UV rays, different weather, spots, etc, therefore your skin is more sensitive than other parts of your body that are protected, for example, clothes. Facial moisturisers are formulated so that you have nutrients to treat and protect your face, and prevent reactions like more oily skin, spots, rash.


The Idealist is £47 for 30ml and is a huge hit for Estee Lauder.
 It claims to:
  • Research proven to significantly reduce the look of uneven skin tone:
    • blotchiness
    • blemish marks
    • dark spots
    • discolourations
     
  • This intensive, yet gentle oil-free serum features powerful technologies to address the look of every key sign of uneven skin tone:
  • Triple-Optic Technology provides skin with a brighter, more luminous look from the very first application.
  • Correct Tone Technology reduces the appearance of uneven skin tone Made with anti-oxidants.



Idealist Serum on my fingertips

I have been using this serum in the morning with my skin care regime and 30ml has lasted me about 3 months.  Each time I use it, I use just less than a full pump because it's quite liquidy (if that's even a word?!)

It makes my skin feel softer and acts like a primer which is great because it helps my make up to glide onto the skin and giving it that boost of glowing in colour!

Pros:
  • The golden sheen does give your skin that glowing colour, there's tiny shiny glittery-like particles which help the skin to glow
  • didn't make my skin more oily or dry whereas some serums do
  • great primer for the skin
  • Love the bottle colour and packaging


Cons:

  • This product claims to reduce the size of your pores but I didn't feel that it did. If anything, it blocked them which created more blackheads!!! It's actually silicone based which means it acts like a clear film over my pores which defeats the object of clearer skin.
  •  the price is just too much for just 30ml! It doesn't give me amazing results for that price!


I wouldn't be buying this product again but I am glad I tried it to see what the hype was all about. Sadly it didn't 'WOW' me for too long but well done Estee Lauder!!

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment