DIY Spikey Boots



Spikes are very in-trend and have been for the last 2-3 seasons!
It brings out a funky, rock chick look to any outfit, sexy but defined and a bit boyish.

I like lots of detail to any accessory to any outfit, the more plain but more detail makes the whole look very interesting. I love buying little bits and pieces and adding it to my garments and making the garment look more 'me' . These pieces are worth keeping!

I personally cant walk in heels much, I have an arched feet, wide and long toes. It's very difficult for me to find shoes that are comfortable and match my outfits.
I use to walk in heels all the time, 5 inches wouldn't be a problem for me, however I developed a very awkward arched feet then bad back problems so had to ban all heels and stuck to flats. Went to see a professional chiropodist who advised me to not wear flats as it caused more damage to my back than I think. Guess what? she was right!! I started wearing slight wedged heels and my back aches improved and no more complaint of pain!!

A lot of shoes were very pretty with the spikes and sequins and crystals but guess who couldn't wear them? ohhh yesss... so what I did was I bought 2 pairs of plain shoes from New Look and tested the water.

I wore these shoes every day that I could for about 2 weeks and I slowly got use to them. I felt great, confidence was high and loved matching outfits with these wedges.

I then decided to decorate the second pair with spikes which I had purchased from Hong Kong.
Love DIY and being creative makes me happy!! I then started to decorate these shoes with the spikes and it cost less than what these type of shoes retails for in shops!




Unfortunately due to the material of these shoes, the wedge had actually come off the actual shoe so had to bin them! Luckily I still have my spikey ones, which I daren't wear as often, only special occasions as it took me quite a few hours to decorate these!







Oh-So-Pretty

Trendy

Gothic

Sexy

Dangerous




Great look for a fraction of the price! These type of shoes can retail for about £80+ but total price or these cost me about £40 which is half the price (not including labour but made with love!) .






Always becareful when making incisions on garments or accessories! I did cut myself a few times , if you're not capable of using tools then nicely ask an adult to help you who can help you!


Have fun!


XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment