Benefit - They're Real Mascara Review

Okay, so this mascara was released last year and I am not one of the first to write this review, but I wasn't going to purchase this for a number of reasons.
In a way I am glad I did purchase it and glad I had tried it but it's not my absolute favourite mascara but the results are quite amazing!


I can see why it is Benefit's no.1 best selling product! The results are very visible and it makes me say ' ohhh they're real ' after I apply it to my lashes!


I have had compliments about my lashes after using this and all thanks to this beauty, the results are noticeable!


My lashes are long, thick and stubborn at times, for me, if I don't use a good waterproof mascara, my curls don't stay curled.

It really does make such a difference if I don't use a waterproof mascara, the oils in the waterproof mascara help the curls to maintain it's shape whereas the non-waterproof mascara contains water so it straightens my lashes even if I have curled them for more than a minute! so annoying!!

My hair is naturally straight, if I curl my hair and not add any oil based product, it falls back straight again, quite annoying, especially if I don't like piling my hair with tonnes of hair products! my eye lashes pretty much do the same thing.




So to put it to the test, I tested the mascara for a day without using a base on the lashes. No primer and no other mascara either. The only thing I did before applying the Benefit mascara was curled it like I usually do.




Using the zig zag motion to get to each and every single piece of hair from the root of my eyelashes, I coat the lashes with the mascara.


I like the way the brush had these tiny spikes in shorter and longer lengths, which help to coat each lash with the wet mascara.

Quite alot of the product is embedded in between the spikes which helps to coat the lashes well. However, I do find this mascara to be too wet for me which clumps my lashes after 2 coats in the same place like the bottom of my lashes.


The tip of the wand isn't actually a spiked ball like the Loreal Telescopic mascara or the Givenchy Phenomenon mascara. It's not a full spiky ball but it does help to reach to the corners of the eyes most times. For those who have shorter hairs in the outer and inner corners of the eyes, this will clog up your lashes.



After one coat of this to my lashes, my lashes are transformed into luscious long lashes and very visible! I love long lashes, opening up the eyes is really important to me.
However, sadly this mascara is not waterproof and it doesn't come in waterproof edition which means my lashes don't stay curled!

It comes in one size, gunmetal packaging making it look like a strong sophisticated mascara but to me, it doesn't give me maximum results.
The packing looks fun just like the other Benefit products! Looks nice in my make up bag!






For £18.50 it is quite expensive for a mascara, but classed as a high-end beauty item. The results are visible and would work better for those with thin lashes.



I found that I benefited more from this product by using a waterproof mascara as a base, then applying this to the ends of my lashes. Not the root as it became too clumpy but the ends definitely extended my lashes.


From my photos here, I used just one coat of my favourite mascara which is the Maybelline The Falsies waterproof mascara , and then one light coat of the Benefit mascara to the tip only, otherwise the whole lashes would become too thick and clumpy and it wont look natural.

Using the waterproof mascara helps the lashes to stay long and curled all day long and the lashes wont fall down as they lashes are sealed.

Pro's:

  • gives you long luscious lashes with a very visible lift using just one coat
  • fun packaging
  • black colour is quite dark making the lashes visibly long
  • waxy thick formula coats each and every single hair
  • innovative with the bristles on the domed tip, which allows for more precise separation of the lashes
  • available in all Benefit counters and online

Con's:

  • 0.3oz (8.5 g Net wt. ) may not last for long if you use more than 2 coats every single day at a time
  • not waterproof
  • comes in one colour only
  • the end of the mascara isn't a spiky ball to get to the corners of the eyes
  • abit tough to wash off



 2 coats of just the Benefit ' They're Real ' mascara

it's too spidery for my liking! but still so long and dark!

here is my video to watch with demonstration!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment