Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil


This is the Bobby Brown cleansing oil that I have tried and finished.
This item is available in big department stores so it is not easy to get hold of but you can also purchase this online.

For £29.00 you get 200ml, products comes out via the pump lid and bottle is made of hard plastic which means it is not too heavy and will not smash when its dropped to the floor.

I prefer products to have these pump lids, it makes it easier for me to use in the shower and not having to worry about spilling out too much in one go saves alot of time and waste of the product.

Alot of people worry and think cleansing oils can give you breakouts and spread pimples - no! Oil sits on the skin, not sink into the skin. If you don't believe me, try putting some olive oil to your skin and watch it roll off. This is what the cleansing oils do - it works on the surface of the skin.

This is one of the luxury cleansing oils you can get from a luxurious brand, Bobbi Brown.
I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of Bobbi Brown as I don't feel that it appeals to me even though she has a wide range of neutral colours of make up to create a good flawless look. I do enjoy all her beauty books which I have read more than once. HOwever, I do love the wide range of Bobbi's make up brushes, I have previously owned about 8 of them and still using them now.
I insisted to try out this product seeing I have tried the DHC and Shu Uemura cleansing oils and I have thoroughly enjoyed using them, but the Bobbi Brown one is my least favourite I have to admit.

The cleansing oil is a golden oil colour, once the product is pumped into the hand, making sure the hands are wet beforehand, ( I just use one pump as its enough to cover my face) I mix it on both hands and watch it turn into a milky colour. I then massage it into my face and let the cleansing oil sink into my skin and dissolve the make up. Let the magic begin!!

I only use the cleansing oils at night when I shower, because it helps to dissolve the make up and I always make sure my face is fresh before I sleep. 
Sleeping with make up on can age the skin by about 7-10 days each night!! so it is important to remove all traces of make up before bed.

I have normal/dry skin and this product didn't make it oily not dry. I guess the olive oil in this product maintains the glow and softness of my skin which is a bonus!

This particular cleansing oil, I favourite the least out of the ones I have tried. why? well, I have found this one is much 'thinner' than the one by Shu Uemura and DHC. I didn't particularly like the smell, (jasmine flower sourced directly from France!) "moisturising kukui nut oil, and a blend of Italian olive, organic sunflower and jojoba oils to dissolve surface impurities and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or dry" (from the Bobbi Brown site).

It didn't remove much of my make up at all, especially my waterproof mascara! I still have to use cleansing cream after the shower to remove the rest of my make up. However, I like the ingredient's in this product - no trace of alcohol, which is what made me purchase it.
 This item is suitable for the eye area which is great because alot of skin products you cant use around the eye area as it is so delicate.



No comments:

Post a Comment