Holika Holika Prime Miracle Snail Hand Cream

Snail hand cream? What? yeeeeeeeeep!!!!!! Believe it or not, it's a very huge trend in Korea & Asia to use snail mucin skin products! There is a range of it including serum, night cream and foundation.


I bought this snail hand cream when I was in Hong Kong Last winter, along with a few other Holika Holika products and I couldn't wait to try them all out!!


I look after my hands well by using a moisturised hand cream after I wash them with soap. Due to my job, I do wash my hands at least 50 times a day, including using alcohol gel which dries my hands out so much therefore using a good moisturiser is very important to maintain my skins elasticity!

I prefer to not use any skin care products with alcohol in, because it feels like it defeats the object of a moisturiser. There is english text on the box on this product which indicated the ingredients and there is no alcohol included which am happy about!

This product comes in one size only, 80ml, 14cm tall.
The front of this product states : When injured, Snail retains the miraculous renewal energy to heal the wound with naturally constituted snail secretion. The secret of self-healing power of the snail comes from the naturally constructed secretion called ‘Mucin’. It has been Korea's craze because essentially, it means it is a secret ingredient to skin healing which is the main reason why I bought it. Using alcohol gel and washing/drying my hands so much per day damages the skin on my hands so I need mucin on it right?

It claims to:

  • Wrinkle Care
  • Smoothes
  • Softens
  • Moisturizes

It takes only a few seconds for the thick texture lotion to absorb into the skin and has a slight scent to it. Don't know if it's the scent of snail mucin but it disappears when it is moisturised into the skin. To be honest, I have never ever picked up snails and smelt them, and never dreamed of doing that either so I don't know what snail mucin smells like!

Pro's:

  • pretty packaging
  • light to carry in handbag
  • cheap to buy
  • has a flip lid at the bottom which makes the lotion easy to come out of
  • non greasy

con's:

  • hard to find
  • doesn't last on skin for longer than half hour
  • doesn't moisturise hands as well as I expected
  • no SPF


I wouldn't purchase this product again but I am glad I had the chance to purchase it!

No comments:

Post a Comment