Gluten free matcha chocolate flapjacks



Ever fancied a sweet treat but felt bad about the calories & sugar content? I always crave for a sweetener after my meals especially if the meals were salty, it almost feels like my body is telling me I need to neutralise it. Having said that, I have been trying to cut out the sugars from my diet as my body is having too much, once I start on a sweetener I have too much! Anyone else out there who does the same thing?


Today I had a sudden craving of something nutty with cacao but healthy snack, thanks to a lovely person I met recently she has totally inspired me to make these - Thanks Jayne! 

What did I make? I made a gluten free, healthy-ish flapjack which contained hazelnuts, oats, almond butter, organic coconut oil, raw cacao & natural agave. Combined together it ended up like this!


I also added some matcha powder sprinkled on top to add some extra flavour and altogether it tasted delicious! 
Matcha powder is full of anti oxidants if you buy the real matcha powder - in total
This whole snack idea was totally beneficial! 


I don't have the full recipe just yet as I added things randomly but next time I make them I will add my full recipe as this one was just an experiment !

Love, Strawbeefull
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment